The first three times my family doctor told me to start tracking my blood pressure on a regular basis, I ignored him. The fourth time, I went to the local drug store and bought an old-fashion blood pressure monitor. I was quite comfortable being able to ignore it just like I ignored the doctor. Finally, totally exasperated with me, he suggested that I get an Omrom wireless blood pressure monitor for home use. He knows me well! He said a few other things to scare me. That coupled with a trip to the emergency room and a two-day stay in the hospital convinced me about a year ago to get serious about tracking my blood pressure.
I went home, logged into Amazon, and found the Omrom united he suggested. I didn’t read any reviews. My doctor’s recommendation was enough. I just ordered it. It was here the next day. My compliance over the past year has almost been 100%. I even amazed myself. No tubes or wires make it easy to use. It even has a blue tooth link to an app on my smartphone. It takes less than 30 seconds to use and it even tells me if I’m having heart rhythm issues.
Here’s a picture of what the Omrom blood pressure monitor looks like:
If you’re the kind that likes features and details, here goes:
- #1 doctor and pharmacist recommended brand and the #1 selling manufacturer of blood pressure monitors for 40 years. Omron is the #1 recommended home blood pressure monitor brand by doctors and pharmacists for clinically accurate home monitoring, and the #1 selling manufacturer of home blood pressure monitors for over 40 years.
- Sleek and Compact one-piece design takes clinically-accurate readings anywhere, anytime, without awkward wires or hoses.
- Simple, Intuitive Controls allow for no-hassle setup and easy use time and time again. Bluetooth® technology allows you to sync your readings to your smartphone via the OMRON Connect mobile app. It is also compatible with the Kardia app.
- With advanced accuracy, this innovative, upper arm one-piece blood pressure monitor measures more data points and eliminates interference from movement for more precise, clinically accurate readings.
- My favorite feature: It makes daily compliance easy.
The Bottom Line
Although the unit is a bit pricey, with it I am finally able to consistently pay attention to my cardiac health. Along with my Kardia, it has literally been a lifesaver. I couldn’t be more pleased