(Family Features) Mix up your snacking habits with a more nutritious option to serve ahead of a meal or on its own. These Roasted Portobello Mushrooms with Beets and Goat Cheese are ready in just half an hour with only eight ingredients, allowing you to dish up a flavorful bite without going overboard in the kitchen.
Find more recipes at senecafoods.com.
Watch video to see how to make recipe!
Roasted Portobello Mushrooms with Beets and Goat Cheese
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie’s Whole Pickled Beets
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs, such as sourdough or whole wheat. (See note below)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions or chopped chives
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Drain beets. Coarsely chop 1/2 cup beets.
- Trim stems flat and remove gills from mushroom caps using a spoon. Place caps, rounded side down, on foil-lined baking sheet; season with salt and pepper.
- In medium bowl, combine chopped beets, bread crumbs, green onions and walnuts. Spoon mixture into caps and top with goat cheese.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through and mushrooms are tender.
Note: Using a food processor, pulse a few pieces of sour dough or wheat bread several times until finely crumbled.